Monday, January 12, 2009

industry & hope


You have to be your own best friend, reliable, honest, patient, with unconditional love and wonder. Staying within, going without. All of my best friends are far from where I am, so I make late night journeys through the winter wonderland, shelties along the way. I follow my fate, I find my way. A window of curious opportunity, a stairwell of strange embrace, of senseless familiarity. The fingerless flow of an evening, the asking eyes and spilling secrets, oh the fun! The less I need the more I receive. The sensitive sweetness of an enthusiatic few who have changed my view, scratched a loving thumbnail over my heart and behind my ear. This spontaneous shifting helps dissipate my troubles and eases the creases of my doubt. You have to trust your instinct, wandering, listening.